Telephone skills training or one-on-one coaching in telephone etiquette focuses on the skills needed to communicate in a welcoming, enthusiastic and professional way when dealing with people on the telephone. When you are communicating on the phone, especially in a client service or customer care role it’s all about your voice.
Telephone skills training explores the impact voice has and provides the techniques to create a positive impression, especially when dealing with customers or clients.
Service excellence is essential when communicating with customers over the telephone or in a frontline role at reception.
Telephone and reception skills training will equip you or your staff with the ability to:
- understand customer’s expectations and perceptions
- use voice to have a positive impact on clients (it’s not only what you say, but also how you say it)
- convey an attitude of enthusiasm and willingness to assist
- ensure you sound confident and competent
- use professional language and choice of words
- deal with difficult or angry people
- ensure you leave customers with a favourable impression
People very often decide to do business, or not, with a company or organisation based on an impression. Impressions are formed through someone’s tone of voice, speech style and a perception of their attitude. Make sure you or the people in your business create the right impression.
- learn to use voice and speech as a powerful communication tool
- use voice to influence a positive outcome
- become familiar with professional words and phrases
- project an attitude of enthusiasm and helpfulness
- develop the skills and confidence to deal with angry or difficult people
- be motivated to project a welcoming and professional image
- leave customers with a favourable impression
The next step
Contact me to discuss your individual or company customer communication needs.
Training or coaching is practical and interactive, through discussion and role-play. All skills practise is recorded so people can assess their progress. The emphasis is on practical skills rather than theory.